Eco-Friendly Eva-Dry : Green Natural Dehumidifier, An Environmentally Safe Way To Fight Condensation
Solve moisture problems without harming the environment.
Lisa’s expecting a baby in a few months and she spends a lot of time planning the nursery. She wants an eco-friendly space for her baby with lots of natural elements and recycled items. She’s recently had a few challenges to address and is looking for an environmentally safe way to do so.
- Lisa lives on the Atlantic coast, in Savannah, Georgia. The air is humid most of the time, even inside. She wants to make sure she protects her baby’s photos and christening gown. Her own baby photos are sticking together and trying to pull them apart destroys them.
- She was recently given a large box of baby hand-me-downs from a friend who had them stored in an attic box for a couple of years. The items aren’t stained and are still reusable if she can remove the odors. Not everything was designed to throw in the washer.
- That got her thinking of her own baby’s future hand-me-downs. How can she store her items to save for the next baby, in a way that will prevent moldy odor from forming in the first place?
- Lisa and Steve love their apartment in the historic district. But as new parents they’re reading about the hidden allergens in old buildings. Mold and musty smells could make their baby sick. New buildings come with their own concerns so they’d rather find a solution that doesn’t require moving.
If you’re trying to baby-proof your home, using little buckets of harmful chemicals for moisture control is not the way to do it!
Many people are facing a similar list of worries. They want to reduce their environmental impact and still protect their loved ones and material valuables. Many of the products for dehumidifying found on the grocery store shelves won’t accomplish this goal. Damp-Rid and similar Calcium-Chloride products are sold in containers intended to be placed inside of drawers, closets, and cabinets to absorb the moisture in the air. The system has some very worrisome flaws:
- If it spills, it corrodes and damages what it touches
- It is not replenishable, contributing to land-fills and requiring ongoing expense to replace
- If spilled or inhaled, the dust is a serious throat and lung irritant and requires gloves if skin will come into contact
Calcium-Chloride is a “solution” that actually creates more problems!
It is possible to eliminate harmful moisture without causing further harm. Moisture causes mold and mildew which is destructive to valuable and hazardous to health. But chemicals can corrode, cause injury, and accumulate in the landfills. A true solution will address the problem without creating a new one.
A better, ecologically friendly, non-toxic solution is the Eva-Dry Dehumidifier. Safe Silica gel, which is actually a kind of sand, absorbs the moisture right out of the air. The units are small (about the size of an average smoke detector) and can be placed in any contained space to harmlessly remove the moisture that allows mold spores to thrive. The Silica gel is fully contained and won’t spill. It doesn’t require any special handling such as the protective gloves needed with an open bucket of Damp-Rid. And perhaps the best part for those looking to reduce landfill use is that Eva-Dry Dehumidifiers are renewable up to 10 years. All that is necessary is to do this is to plug the unit into an outlet that is in a well ventilated space such as a porch or garage. The gel is warmed and the moisture releases into the air, renewing the product for another use.
You can’t make the rain, rain, go away; but you can keep mold and mildew at bay.
Pantries, closets, linen and camera storage areas, gun cabinets, and safes are all examples of areas that are perfect for the Eva-Dry product. In the nursery there are a myriad of uses: In cabinets to keep baby powders and herbal bath products from caking, in the closet to protect clothing both worn and stored, in keepsake containers for photos and sentimental items. It’s an unscented product that won’t aggravate allergies or those susceptible to headaches from artificial perfumes. It has also been used to reverse damage from musty odors by simply placing the item and an Eva-Dry unit in a sealed container for a month.
An added benefit for many is that Eva-Dry Mini Dehumidifiers are also silent. There is no “hum” to interfere with sleep. This addresses a greater concern than just mere noise. More studies are being done to measure the harmfu
l effects of “electronic pollution” on mental health and rest patterns. Environmentally-concerned parents may want to take extra measures to protect the sleep areas of their infants by reducing the amount of electronic devices in their child’s room.
Health and wellness tests have proven that Eva-Dry Dehumidifiers reduce moisture and improve the overall air quality in a space. It’s a green product that won’t negatively contribute to the environment via waste or additional energy use. There are no cords or hazards to children and pets like there are with plug-in or chemical options. Obtaining one or many for your home is affordable and easy. Eva-dry is available on Amazon, at your local Ace Hardware, at www.eva-dry.com or by calling 877-382-3790.