For most homeowners, the basement is by far the most humid spot in the house. Basements hold this title due to the fact that they are underground, surrounded by concrete, and have very few windows. These factors combine to create the ultimate moisture storage area in your house—the basement. It doesn’t help that a lot of people keep their larger appliances in their basements, either. But with the help of mini dehumidifiers and other devices, you can make your basement a much more comfortable place to be. Here are some simple tips for reducing the humidity in your home’s basement:
- Open the windows. A great way to get air circulating in the room is to open up the windows whenever you’re down there. You can leave them open while doing chores to create a more pleasant environment.
- Keep it clean. Storing too many items in your basement will create clutter. Mold and mildew can easily start growing in all of the dark, hidden spaces caused by the clutter. Keeping your basement clean will help light and heat reach all areas.
- Seal up any gaps. Leaks or holes can allow humid air from outside to travel into your basement, increasing the moisture level. Tightly sealing these holes will prevent this process from happening.
- Turn up the heat. Moisture is more likely to collect if your basement is kept at lower temperatures. Raising the thermostat and making it warmer will help prevent moisture build-up.
- Get a dehumidifier for your basement. These amazingly helpful devices use silica gel beads to absorb the water vapor in your basement, preventing the moisture from causing mold and mildew and keeping your belongings safe. There are no bags of water to empty out with Eva Dry mini-dehumidifiers! And our products are eco-friendly and safe for the whole family.
For the best in basement dehumidifiers for your home, you’ll want to see the selection here at EVA-DRY. Our mini dehumidifiers provide the assistance you need in keeping your basement moisture-free. These devices are easily renewed and can be used for up to 10 years! Learn more about our dehumidifiers today.